Monday, September 10, 2012

Peach Tarts & YOUR Featured Artwork


It was a peaceful afternoon. Sitting in her cozy kitchen, the smell of the peach tart simmering in the oven was calming. We sat, had a quaint lunch that included spinach quiche, chatted and laughed. These are the moments I live for. Her and I talked about art. Both with smiles on our face, sparkles in our eyes and concern. How putting your art out there isn't just about that, what you are really doing is putting your heart and soul out for people to look at, appreciate, down grade, commend, praise, laugh at, whichever it may be. And that when you deem yourself an artist, it never is just simply that, but you must also seem to deem yourself an entrepreneur. "All I want to do is make pretty things!! Not run a business!"
Then before I knew it, there I was, playing with the crumbs on my plate, feeling like a million dollars. Just before she pulled the what now smelled like nothing-better-I-had-ever-smelt-before peach tart, she told me. "Don't worry so much, you are going to do just fine." She praised, complimented, really, spoiled me with good sayings about my photography. And that's when I felt like I could conquer the world. I hope my Aunt Michelle realizes how much of a wonderful woman she is and how much she helps me. I am definitely surrounded by an amazing support group, and she is most certainly one of them. Not only did she feed me good, she helped me a tremendous amount with my first art show.

Sometimes it's the kind words that keep you going. Saying "You can do it!" is like gasoline to the car. The electricity to the fan. uhh...the...yeast to the bread? You get where I'm going with this though right? It's the boost to keep us doing what we do even when there are haters. Yeah...I said it. Haters gonna hate ;) (I'm so thug, I know)

So I want to show the kindness to others that has been shown to me. And this morning while sipping on my coffee in my pjs with my rat-messed looking hair, sitting on my front porch, I came up with an idea....

Every Monday I want to feature an artist on our blog. Are you in school and aspiring to be a photographer, and have some pictures you are proud of? Do you paint on the weekends while you aren't laboring away at the job you hate? Make jewelry? Clothes? Use paper crafts? Know someone who has some amazing skills but may be too timid or modest to admit they're awesome?

Then please, please, please! Email us at contact@saritneyphotography.com Go ahead! Do it now! Be Brave, Love Life. It's the new motto to live by :) Especially if you live in Scottsboro, Huntsville, or other surrounding cities, I would really love to support local artists. (This isn't to say if you live in Ohio or Minnesota we won't feature you too!) And yes, I know, our blog is but a smaller blog, but it's a great start to let people know what you are all about. Why you do what you do. Why you want to continue doing it. So please! Email me today! Let's talk art! Let's get you featured! (Seriously, is it Let's or Lets? Where's my grammar police??) I'll be waiting......

....did that sound creepy? I should've stopped at grammar police, shouldn't have I? Ooops.

Peace, Love, & Oreos!


2 comments:

  1. I am so humbled and inspired by this lovely blog! And this is such a great idea! I love it when we can all inspire and encourage each other. I was thinking about that word "encourage" the other day...We think about it when we say something supportive or nice. But, if you look at the word it means "to give someone courage". And if you think about it that IS what we are doing we help someone, push each other to do and be better, encourage each other. I hope I will always be able to do that for others! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. Keep up the amazing awesome work....

    ReplyDelete