Monday, February 28, 2011

Behind the Lens--Ashley & Izaak


You get to read the facebook status “About to go take pictures!! Yay!” (or something like that.) Then you get to see the teaser (Bow chicka wow! What a gorgeous couple!). Then some time goes by. And we show you the full album! (Those poor souls, put up with Saritney so well!!) It’s only fair, we believe, to let you come behind the lens. It’s always an adventure! And I have this problem. You see, ANYTIME something makes me laugh. (And I mean, anything. Really. Today I saw the construction crew had done a terrible job of repaving the road, and it made me laugh) I feel this compelling urge to text someone. But, as you can tell, from above statement. It’s not always funny. You didn’t even laugh, I know!

For this story we're going to go to Thursday night. As most were probably hiding in their storm shelters. Winds picked up. Rain poured down. It was not looking too good for our early Friday morning shoot. We asked everyone to do their "it's not allowed to rain, and tornadoes are no good either" dance..and it worked!
Certain plans were made Thursday night (not by me, I'd like to inform you.) to treat Sara to a lunch at a place called Pickle Barrel.

And wouldn't you know? Friday morning, as I checked Chattanooga weather website. One restaurant had gotten damage by strong winds the night before and was closed. What place was that? Pickle Barrel. Oh irony. How I love thee!
Friday morning was a gorgeous drive up to Chattanooga. The sun was out, the clouds were all fierce & dramatic looking, and it was not too cold and not too hot. And then, came time for the session. The sun went away. The wind picked up. And the temperature dropped. It's like the weather was flirting with us and playing hard to get.
But Ashley & Izaak were real troopers!! Not only did they put up with the weather,
but they also put up with those two faces up there.....^^^

I'm sharing this next image. Because Sara amuzes me, sometimes in ways she doesn't know. One of my favorite things in Chattanooga is the glass bridge. (No, it's not made out of glass.) ....( No, it's not even called that officially.) But its awesome, you walk across the highway and can see things below you. I walk slowly looking down, waiting to watch cars drive directly under my feet....Sara...well..she does this.....


And shouts back at us "Why aren't you scared?!?!" as she scurries to the other side.

Now, we realize we can't expect the world to revolve around us and our clients as it's their time to shine and be gorgeous and amazing in every single way. But, we do ask to at least notice we are there. And not in that stand back "oh wow, that's like the coolest thing I've ever seen since mayo was invented!" kind of way. But in the..."hey, yeah, we have our couple sitting down in the middle of the bridge, we'd appreciate it if you wouldn't run his fingers over, we don't have time to go to the emergency room and blood wouldn't make for good pictures" kind of way. (its very difficult to say this in one breath..)





Izaak, no worries, if he would've run over your fingers, we are absolutely positive Ashley would've still loved you! Anddd that Me & Sara would've gone running, to chase him down. Which, would've been a funny sight. And wow, actually, kind of embarrassing probably. Well! We're sure glad he didn't!! :D


Dear Britney's Chiropractor,
You keep asking what is it that I do that makes me a "crooked mess" and why it is I keep making things worse for my twisted up spine & neck. I can assure you, I really don't know what it is!
Sincerely, Determined to get the shot.


We had such a great time with these two! And loved that we got to take pictures at places they held dear in their heart. Where he proposed, their first date, their first kiss. All special moments. And they never once looked cold in any of their pictures. Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. My favoritest part of this blog is the pictures. It really brings the bloggity blog to life for your fans. Thanks for doing that. Try it more in the future.

    ReplyDelete