Monday, August 6, 2012

Ramblings of an Insomniac

It's not too rare for me to fall asleep at 3 in the morning to the slight hum of my laptop, and the glare of the tv in the background. Why I can't fall asleep until crazy times in the morning, I'm not quite sure. Sometimes I blame my under-achiever brain and how it really just doesn't like to work during the day. Proving myself to be that "not the brightest crayon in the box" friend everyone has. Stupid Brain. Working ever so brilliantly while everyone else is sleeping. I have no proof that I can think other than the random scribbles of genius I have written in various colors, sizes, and shaped notebooks. Which, of course, are sprawled all through out the house.

But really, I think the reason I stay awake until the wee hours of the morning, is because 3 a.m. is just so wonderful. It's quiet. No phone calls, no text messages, (usually...), I don't reply to emails at this time because I don't want people to know I'm a sleep-deprived maniac. It's my time to pin things like a mad woman. Watch 8 episodes of Dr. Who, because really, it's like potato chips, you can't just have one. Sneak into my hidden candy stash. Read books about nursery crimes. Plan crazy sessions that involve climbing to the top of water towers and 99 red balloons. Eat Oreos. And sometimes I've even been known to blow bubbles in my room. (it's a photographer thing, least, that's what I reassure myself with..)

Anyways, I'm rambling. This is something you should know about me. I ramble. I never have a point. I'm not nearly as hipster as I wish I was. If you don't find me the most hilarious person you know, we can't be friends in real life. I'm a walking contradiction. I love the color yellow but my favorite color is blue or..well...it's...green. And I have far too many food fetishes. I also wish I had the ability to break dance. I just know it'd make me a far more cool person.

What is the point in this blog? Okay, I'll be honest. My doctor told me I need to write out what's on my mind. That this will help me sleep better at night. Perhaps kick the insomnia out of my system. And I thought, to myself, I thought...hey, you know what Dr. Wikipedia, you're right. I think I will. And what better way to do it than with a blog? In hopes that I will find others out there like me. Wide eyed and ready to take on the world. At 3 in the morning.

Peace, Love, & Tacos
~Britney

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize how much I've missed your blogs til I read this one. Glad you're back! Somehow you have become nocturnal in the last 6 months or so. Not sure why either.....life? stress?
    Secret candy stash huh? I'm the only one allowed to have that around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought you'd like to know that people do read your blog! :) And when you do we laugh because lets face it you've got mad skills... I should probably think about not reading these at work though. Please are starting to stare...

    ReplyDelete